Sunday, August 9, 2009

Samuel Anderson To Run For Mayor of Manteca


I'm very happy to see that Samuel Anderson has decided to run against incumbent Willie Weatherford. I believe he will be a much better candidate than Ben Cantu and eventually a tough mayor for our city.

Samuel is correct when he says there are two candidates that have pensions paying out from the city and that concerns me. For too long we have seen councilmen playing politics because they have been involved with the city and know who everyone is. In fact, they have allegiances to many in order to keep the status quot.

I'm not sure how Samuel will run his campaign this time, but I'm sure it will be an interesting one. His focus is strictly on finance and this is what we need. We need to accept the fact that we already have things we need to hang on to for a little while longer until we get our budget and finances under control. The rest will follow and this is why I support Samuel Anderson for Mayor. A long-shot for sure, but a very good chance.

No comments: